Please note this guide is to help with the most popular style of fridge on the market which is the bottom mount fridge, meaning the freezer is on the bottom sometime referred to as a French Door fridge. Let's clarify some lingo to help you through this process:
- 2 Door Bottom Mounts: has one freezer drawer or swing door and one fridge door.
- 3 Door Bottom Mounts: has one freezer drawer and two fridge doors.
- 4 Door Bottom Mounts which has 1 freezer drawer, 1 optional drawer either fridge or freezer on some models and 2 fridge doors again in a French door design.
- 4 Door Bottom Mount Luxury - which has four doors, 2 fridge, 1 freezer, 1 optional with a fridge or freezer setting, this is the newest style to hit the market.
- Counter Depth: The fridge depth is decreased so the fridge doesn't protrude out from the depth of your counters, it provides more room in your kitchen area if needed especially popular with fridges in front of islands, they are typically less in cubic foot and higher in price but offer a good solution for space if required.
Once you go through this work flow at the bottom we have created what 2015 offerings are from some of the more popular manufacturers: GE, GE Profile, Frigidaire Gallery, Electrolux, Whirlpool, Maytag, LG and Samsung.
Swing doors will be cheaper.
See below file for 2 Door Bottom Mounts with those answers in mind.
For counter depth almost all offerings are in 36" width.
See below files for Counter Depth - 3 Door with Dipesner - 3 Door with No Dispenser.
Question 2: Would you like to look at a luxury design or basic 4 door fridge?
Based on above answer look at files below for: 4 Door - Luxury or 4 Door - Basic.
4 DOOR - LUXURY
4 DOOR - BASIC