Gas Positives vs. Electric:
- Gas is almost always a cheaper energy source to operate.
- People who love to cook love the versatility of a heat flame which allows for quicker boiling but provides a simmer temperature for sauces.
- The heat from a gas flame heats the sides, as well as the bottom, of pans, cooking food faster.
- Oven Baking: temperatures are hotter at the top so baking requires rotation and placement farther from heat source. Gas also gives off moisture when cooking, creating a humid heat rather than the dry heat required for effective roasting.
- There are some obvious dangers to having gas in your home so care should always be taken especially with children.
- Gas ranges are typically a higher cost than an equivalent electric range.
- There are added costs for gas technician hook up services and further if a gas line has to be run to the area.
An induction range offers the versatility of the heat flame with a much safer cooking experience and the oven is still electric so you get the better baking experience.
In the end gas, electric, induction will all get the job done you just need to determine what features are most important in your home.
How Induction works?